Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Perception of Beauty

Day after day, I am told how beautiful I am.
Day after day, I am told how beautiful my smile is; or, how beatuful my eyes are; how beautiful my face is, or my lips-
I think it tiresome to be expected to live up to such standards.
Day after day, people assume because they find you beautiful life comes easy to you. They assume finding love only comes with the territory. They assume me deceptive and un-trustworthy.

They fail to see that most never look past their own perception of my beauty.

They fail to realize that I am not a pretty portrait with no feelings, and no depth.
They fail to see that I am not as beautiful as they precieve, life does not come easier to me, nor, does love.
They fail to see that there is so much more to me than physical beauty; a beauty that will surly fade.
They fail to realize their perception of my beauty, only makes me prey...

No comments:

Post a Comment